During this ½ day workshop participants will come away with a thorough understanding of the new International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI), due to be adopted in Australian health care settings from 1st May 2019.
Ideal for catering managers, food service assistants, cooks, chefs, clinical managers and nursing staff in residential aged care settings.
What you will learn
- What IDDSI is and why it’s needed
- The current Australian standards for texture modified foods and fluids and the transition to IDDSI
- The IDDSI Framework including detailed descriptions of each food and fluid texture
- Implementation, resources and tools required for the transition in your facility
- The practicalities of applying the IDDSI Framework to aged care
When and Where
Bayview on the Park, 52 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC, 3004
Tuesday 19th March 2019
$195.00 (+GST) includes morning tea and workbook. Booking fees may apply
More Training Opportunities
Contact Leading Nutrition on 1300 722 712 or via our contact page for more information on how we can provide training and support to your staff in aged care. We can create a tailored education package for your specific needs.