Why trust Google for nutrition information, when you can have a credible resource at your fingertips? Our Diet Manual is produced by Accredited Practising Dietitians and based on up to date, Best Practice Nutrition information for the Aged Care setting.
Our Diet Manual for Aged Care has been designed to inform you about the specific needs of your residents, which differ greatly from the nutrition needs of patients in hospital or older people living in the community.
In the busy environment of an Aged Care kitchen, its essential that staff have ready access to best practice nutrition information for all the special diet needs of residents. Leading Nutrition’s Diet Manual provides just this, ensuring that no matter which special diet your residents may need, your kitchen staff have the information at their fingertips.
This manual is updated every 3 years, to ensure the information remains current and in line with the latest scientific evidence. Our latest edition, released in 2016, was updated with the updated with the latest Australian Dietary Standards.
If you have a 2010 or 2013 Edition in your kitchen, we strongly suggest you update this to the latest version and keep your kitchen well equipped to manage all special diets.
For every Special Diet you will see in an aged care home, we provide you :
- An explanation of each diet type and when it should be provided
- A comprehensive list of “recommended” and “not recommended” foods
- Sample meal plans for every diet
- Nourishing foods – food fortification and supplements
- Lifestyle diseases – weight control, low fat, low salt, diabetes
- Bowel & gut issues – high fibre, low fibre, diverticular disease, gastro
- Renal Issues – modified protein, low potassium, low phosphate
- Textured modified foods & thickened fluids – dysphagia
- Cultural & religious diets – Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism
- Allergies & intolerances – gluten free, IBS, lactose, wheat, amines, salicylates
- Other diets – warfarin, vegetarian and many more!
If you have any questions please contact us below or call our team on 1300 722 712.